- The Going the Extra Mile (GEM) Project
- Affordable Rural Housing
- Community Buildings
- Community-Led Planning
- Emergency Planning
- Funding Advice
- GRCC Village of the Year
- Growing Great Futures
- Localism and Community Rights
- Neighbourhood Development Plans
- Older people - InTouch
- Organisation and Project Support
- Parish Plan Database
- Parent Champions
- Befriending Services
- Road Safety
- Village and Community Agents
- VCS Support - Cheltenham
It is vital for voluntary and community groups and projects to be able to access funding to support new project ideas, refurbish community buildings and maintain core activity.
GRCC's team of funding advisers gives advice and support to community projects and organisations throughout Gloucestershire, building on its specialist knowledge of funders' requirements and a history of helping groups to make successful funding applications.
GRCC advisers and project staff are able to help community groups by:
- checking whether they are "funding ready"
- researching potential sources of funding
- acting as a facilitator- helping to open up ideas about an organisation or a project's development
- advising on gathering evidence of need for a project, including community consultation
- linking project aims with the objectives of funders
- helping to write funding strategies and business plans
- supporting a group/organisation to write funding applications
- "cold reading" funding applications and suggesting improvements to increase the chances of success
- supporting them to look at opportunities for generating income e.g. through trading, and making the most of their assets
- examining patterns of expenditure and identifying where savings could be made
Funding Advisers' Network
As host of the Gloucestershire Funding Advisers' Network (GeFAN), GRCC is in touch with other advisers across the region and regularly holds discussions with funders.
In the first instance contact Barbara Pond
GRCC is grateful for the support from the following organisations which enables us to provide advice and guidance to community groups: Cotswold District Council; Forest of Dean District Council; Stroud District Council and Tewkesbury Borough Council
Pauntley being presented with a cheque from the 02 It's Your Community Award for their Compton Green Project which came about through the Parish Plan.