- The Going the Extra Mile (GEM) Project
- Affordable Rural Housing
- Community Buildings
- Community-Led Planning
- Emergency Planning
- Funding Advice
- GRCC Village of the Year
- Localism and Community Rights
- Neighbourhood Development Plans
- Older people - InTouch
- Organisation and Project Support
- Parish Plan Database
- Parent Champions
- Befriending Services
- Road Safety
- Village and Community Agents
- The Parent & Community Support Service (PCSS) project
- VCS Support - Cheltenham
GRCC leads advice on Parish and Community-led Plans in Gloucestershire.
We provide support material and guidance to encourage communities to carry out inclusive, robust and high quality consultations and produce realistic action plans.
What is a Parish and Community-led Plan?
Community-led Plans, also known as Parish or Town plans, are documents which set out a community's vision for the next five or ten years. They contain an action plan to move forward solutions to issues raised within the community, formed during local conversations and consultations.
What are the benefits to your community of a Parish and Community-led Plan?
- Bringing residents together and helping forge greater community spirit
- Identifying skills, talents and other assets within your community
- Increasing the potential to work in partnership
- Providing a community voice
What will a good Parish and Community-led Plan contain?
- A snapshot of the past, present and future of the community
- A description of how members of the community have been involved in defining the plan
- A description of aspirations and issues
- Evidence of need which will help when applying for funding
- A realistic action plan
How can GRCC help with your Parish and Community-led Plan?
GRCC's advice team can help you at every stage of your parish and community-led plan. For Cotswold District, Stroud District and Tewkesbury Borough communities we offer this support free of charge through our agreements with local authorities. We can:
- Give neutral and independent advice
- Provide a toolkit of information to guide the process
- Help identify potential sources of funding to finance your plan
- Give training and advice on consultation techniques and how to turn the results into an action plan
- Provide links to other organisations to move forward actions
- Attend some key meetings to advise on the process
- Answer queries
- Link communities for support and joint learning
- Manage a countywide database of Parish and Community-led Plans
How do Communities Review and Refresh their Parish and Community-led plans?
The status of Parish and Community-led plans in Gloucestershire
Click here to find reports on the status of Parish Planning in each Gloucestershire District, and a map showing the coverage of Parish and Community-led Plans in Gloucestershire.