- The Going the Extra Mile (GEM) Project
- Affordable Rural Housing
- Community Buildings
- Community-Led Planning
- Emergency Planning
- Funding Advice
- GRCC Village of the Year
- Localism and Community Rights
- Neighbourhood Development Plans
- Older people - InTouch
- Organisation and Project Support
- Parish Plan Database
- Parent Champions
- Befriending Services
- Road Safety
- Village and Community Agents
- VCS Support - Cheltenham
GRCC offers a professional specialist service directly to the volunteers who manage and run community buildings in their villages/neighbourhoods.
Managing a village hall or community centre/building demands a wide range of skills to meet the ever-changing requirements set by local authorities and national legislation.
The GRCC service provides a wide range of practical help, advice and support to management committee members, parish councils and those interested in the support of their community venue, including:
- Providing an online database of village halls and community centres across the county accessible to outside agencies and individuals wishing to book a hall
- Training, advice and support on developing a business plan and on sustainability
- Funding advice
- Project management advice
- Advice on charity law and other legal issues
- Support, templates and training on a range of issues including, health & safety, risk assessments, fire safety, food hygiene etc
- Organising regular Village & Community Hall Network Events free for hall management committee members to attend
- Advising on community consultation
- There are a number of Information Sheets covering a wide range of issues which are free to village and community halls available directly from the GRCC. Please contact Barbara Pond for more information.
GRCC also acts as a conduit for government consultation and cascades relevant changes in the law concerning village and community halls.
Contact Barbara Pond, Community Assets and Enterprise Adviser on 01452 528491 or via email - email@example.com