- The Going the Extra Mile (GEM) Project
- Affordable Rural Housing
- Community Buildings
- Community-Led Planning
- Emergency Planning
- Funding Advice
- GRCC Village of the Year
- Growing Great Futures
- Localism and Community Rights
- Neighbourhood Development Plans
- Older people - InTouch
- Organisation and Project Support
- Parish Plan Database
- Parent Champions
- Befriending Services
- Road Safety
- Village and Community Agents
- VCS Support - Cheltenham
Parent Champions: Gloucester North and South
The Parent Champions' Pilot Project is now running for its second year and extending to the Gloucester South area. The project aims to help families understand what childcare options are available to them. Word of mouth is such a positive tool and parents often find out whether or not to send their child to nursery or about choosing a childcare place from other parents. So Parent Champions will be trained to understand options available and encourage other parents to take advantage of free places available. As the project is now extending across the south of the city, we are looking for more people to become Parent Champions. Keep reading to find out more!
Click on the icons below to access our Facebook and Twitter pages!
Can you help us?
We are looking for people to volunteer by giving advice about FREE childcare and early years
- Is children's early learning important to you?
- Do you have at least one hour a week spare to help us?
- Are you good at talking and listening to other parents?
- Do you understand the difficulties parents might face using childcare or early years care?
- Are you interested in becoming a volunteer?
What would we like you to do?
- Talk to parents and carers about the benefits of free education and childcare for some 2 year olds and all 3 and 4 year olds, and help them be part of their children’s early years’ education.
- Offer support to families helping them overcome any barriers stopping them from using free education and childcare.
- Tell families about local activities in their community.
- Help the Project Co-ordinator to collect and share information about free education and childcare available.
- Support parents to take their children to an early years childcare setting
- Talk to parents at activity groups in children’s centres and other places in the community.
This scheme is running in the communities of Bartongate, Finlay, Kingsholm and Tredworth and now Tuffley, Quedgeley, Linden and Coney Hill.
Do you want to find out more about becoming a Parent Champion? If so, please contact Paula Cawte at GRCC on 01452 528491/07913 263307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a project run by GRCC in partnership with Barnardos, 4Children, Gloucestershire County Council and The Family and Childcare Trust