To be held at Francis Close Hall, University of Gloucestershire, Cheltenham GL50 4BD (previously advertised as Park Campus)
Monday, 10 July 2017 from 5:30-8pm (arrival and refreshments from 5pm)
Thinking about it? In the middle of one? Got a Neighbourhood Plan in place? Whatever stage you may be at, this is the event for you.
The Housing White Paper emphasises the importance of Neighbourhood Plans in providing necessary detail to guide local development. How can this be achieved?
GRCC is holding a FREE Neighbourhood Plan event in partnership with the University of Gloucestershire which will be valuable for those at any stage of the process.
Come along and join in with:
Presentations by experienced Neighbourhood Plan Examiners and trainers Liz Beth and James Derounian:
- Overview of Neighbourhood Plans - what issues are being successfully tackled?
- Appropriate evidence gathering to justify policies - an examiner's view
- How Neighbourhood Plans can enhance Green Infrastructure in your community
Ask the experts - an opportunity for Q+A
- Design character - how do you define the design character for your area? The Housing White Paper places great emphasis on Neighbourhood Plans setting out clear design expectations. What does this mean and how can it be achieved?
- So we have a Neighbourhood Plan ... What next? How do you make the best use of your Neighbourhood Plan, how do you review it to check it is still relevant and what is the process for modifying your Neighbourhood Plan?
- Undertaking a Neighbourhood Plan - practical hints and tips to avoid pitfalls at each stage of the process - from those who have 'been there, done that'. This workshop is suitable for those considering a Neighbourhood Plan or in the midst of plan making.
Numbers are strictly limited, therefore book early by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (or telephone 01452 528491). When booking, please supply:
- Name of your community
- Contact details of attendee(s) - name, email address
- Workshop session - choose either A, B, or C
- At what stage is your community in the Neighbourhood Plan process?
- Thinking about a Neighbourhood Plan
- Started - early stages
- Started - well established
- Completed our Neighbourhood Plan
If you have a query you would like to be answered by the Examiners during their presentations and Q+A session, please send it to us before 4 July 2017.