The People’s Projects is a partnership between the Big Lottery Fund, ITV, STV and The National Lottery that gives the public a say in awarding National Lottery funding to local projects across the UK.
Since 2005, around £36 million has been awarded through this partnership to 770 Good Causes across the UK.
The five competitors for the West Country East region of the latest round of voting have been announced:
- Age Concern Forest of Dean 'Catering with Compassion: Meals for the Forest of Dean elderly'
- The Magdalen Environmental Trust, based in Chard, Somerset 'Family Breaks for Children with Autism'
- Somerset Care Ltd 'Memories with Music'
- Hartcliffe Health and Environment Action Group, Bristol 'The Healing Garden'
- Freewheelers Emergency Volunteer Service (Weston) Blood Bikes 'Wheels to Save Lives'
The three projects that receive the most votes in each region will win up to £50,000. Voting opens at 9am on Monday 20 March and closes at 12 noon on Monday 3 April.
You can vote online at The People's Project website, providing your name, email address and postcode, or by post. Send a postcard to Freepost THE PEOPLE'S PROJECTS including your name, address, phone number, and project name on the left hand side and the Freepost address on the right. Votes must be received by 12 noon on 3 April so make sure you send your postcard by the last post on Wednesday 29 March to help ensure it gets there in time.