We have been informed that, due to the general election, it would be advisable to postpone the Broadband event scheduled for 22nd May 2017.
GRCC will let you know the new date for this important event as soon as we have confirmation from Fastershire about staff availability following 8th June.
Watch this space for the new date!
GRCC's latest enewsletter is out now. You can read it online here: http://sut5.co.uk/l/c.php?c=4168&ct=226591
This month includes:
- details of our forthcoming free events:
- Broadband in Gloucestershire - the journey so far and what's next? 22 May
- Cheltenham Celebration of Volunteers 1 June
- The ABC of Celebrating and Supporting Volunteer Trustees 5 June
- information about an affordable housing project in North Cerney and Bagendon
- the Cheltenham Youth Work Network
- how your community can download the updated CARS toolkit
- GRCC's invitation to address a national conference on tackling loneliness
If you would like to be added to our enewsletter mailing list, click here and fill in the form.
GRCC is recruiting for the post of Community-led Housing Enabler, working with communities in the Stroud District to secure opportunities to develop community-led affordable housing schemes for local people.
For full details, including the Job Description, Person Specification and Application form, go to our vacancies page.
Closing date for applications is 12pm on Monday 5 June 2017.
As part of Volunteers Week, GRCC is hosting a free event to help support Volunteer Trustees in Gloucestershire.
Monday 5 June, 2pm - 4.30pm at the Guildhall in Gloucester
This event is for any Voluntary and Community Sector Organisations and will include advice and support for trustees. There will be free workshops on roles and responsibilities as well as presentations on how to recruit trustees and what support is available locally.
We would also like to hear your case studies of best practice in relation to your trustees - there will be £300 presented at the event for the best examples.
More information on this event to follow.
Alongside the monthly GRCC enewsletter, we are also introducing 'Around Gloucestershire'. Once a month this enewsletter is intended to keep you informed of what is going on in Gloucestershire and further afield.
Our first 'Around Gloucestershire' enewsletter contains information on:
- free online taster sessions from Adult Education in Gloucestershire
- Channel 4's new 'Village of the Year' competition, with a £10,000 prize
- information on changes to the Neighbourhood Planning Grants and Support Programme
- taster sessions from the Severn & Wye Recovery College
- festival season in Gloucestershire, including Walking Festivals
You can read the enewsletter online here.
If you would like to be added to our enewsletter mailing list please click here and fill in the form. Please note, we will also occasionally send out additional ealerts in between these two newsletters depending on the subject matter and deadlines.
Wotton Walking Festival
Since issuing 'Around Gloucestershire' last week, with details of the upcoming Walking Festivals in Coleford, Winchcombe and Dursley, we have heard that there is another Walking Festival which will be running from 5 to 7th May in Wotton Under Edge. To find out about what is planned visit the Wotton Walking Festival page on Facebook or on Twitter.