GRCC's latest enewsletter is out now. You can read it online here.
This month includes:
- details on our CEO vacancy
- volunteering opportunities with GRCC
- People For You, our befriending service in the south Cotswolds
- Connecting Advisers - volunteers helping older people gain confidence in using computers
- information about Phase 2 of the Fastershire rural broadband rollout, announced at our event in Cheltenham
- details of GRCC's Neighbourhood Development Plan event in partnership with University of Gloucestershire
If you would like to be added to our enewsletter mailing list, click here and fill in the form.
- Are you visionary and resourceful, with an entrepreneurial spirit?
- Are you an inspiring leader capable of taking a strategic approach to drive an organisation forward?
- Can you provide robust and effective management of GRCC to enable it to fulfil its charitable objectives?
If so, you may be just the person we are looking for.
GRCC has been supporting Gloucestershire’s communities since 1923 and we are recruiting a new Chief Executive Officer to take us through the next exciting phase of the organisation’s development.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate evidence of success in a senior leadership role
- Have awareness of commercial opportunities and how they can best be developed
- Be able to nurture and maintain a high performing team
For full details including the job description, person specification, and application form, visit our Vacancies page.
If you would like to discuss the role please contact the GRCC Chair – Charles Coats email@example.com or tel: 01452 503748.
Deadline for applications: 12pm Monday 3rd July 2017 with interviews planned for 20th July 2017.
To be held at Francis Close Hall, University of Gloucestershire, Cheltenham GL50 4BD (previously advertised as Park Campus)
Monday, 10 July 2017 from 5:30-8pm (arrival and refreshments from 5pm)
Thinking about it? In the middle of one? Got a Neighbourhood Plan in place? Whatever stage you may be at, this is the event for you.
The Housing White Paper emphasises the importance of Neighbourhood Plans in providing necessary detail to guide local development. How can this be achieved?
GRCC is holding a FREE Neighbourhood Plan event in partnership with the University of Gloucestershire which will be valuable for those at any stage of the process.
Come along and join in with:
Presentations by experienced Neighbourhood Plan Examiners and trainers Liz Beth and James Derounian:
- Overview of Neighbourhood Plans - what issues are being successfully tackled?
- Appropriate evidence gathering to justify policies - an examiner's view
- How Neighbourhood Plans can enhance Green Infrastructure in your community
Ask the experts - an opportunity for Q+A
- Design character - how do you define the design character for your area? The Housing White Paper places great emphasis on Neighbourhood Plans setting out clear design expectations. What does this mean and how can it be achieved?
- So we have a Neighbourhood Plan ... What next? How do you make the best use of your Neighbourhood Plan, how do you review it to check it is still relevant and what is the process for modifying your Neighbourhood Plan?
- Undertaking a Neighbourhood Plan - practical hints and tips to avoid pitfalls at each stage of the process - from those who have 'been there, done that'. This workshop is suitable for those considering a Neighbourhood Plan or in the midst of plan making.
Numbers are strictly limited, therefore book early by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (or telephone 01452 528491). When booking, please supply:
- Name of your community
- Contact details of attendee(s) - name, email address
- Workshop session - choose either A, B, or C
- At what stage is your community in the Neighbourhood Plan process?
- Thinking about a Neighbourhood Plan
- Started - early stages
- Started - well established
- Completed our Neighbourhood Plan
If you have a query you would like to be answered by the Examiners during their presentations and Q+A session, please send it to us before 4 July 2017.
The May edition of GRCC's enewsletter 'Around Gloucestershire' is available to view online here.
There's lots going on around the county in June, including:
- Carers Gloucestershire's Big Birthday Bash for Carers
- Maggie's Stroll in the Park
- Open Farm Sunday
- Sedbury Space's crowdfunding appeal
plus many more festivals and events listed. There's also information about a new Tea Party group for isolated older people looking to launch in Gloucester this summer, and Safeguarding Adults Training available through the VCS Alliance.
If you would like to be added to our enewsletter mailing list please click here and fill in the form.
Please note, we will also occasionally send out additional ealerts in between these two newsletters depending on the subject matter and deadlines.
The revised date for this event is Monday 12 June 2017, running from 6pm to 8.30pm at The Pavilion, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham GL51 6PM. Click here for directions.
GRCC is hosting a countywide Broadband Event in partnership with Fastershire. We will be looking at the achievements so far as well as finding out the details of the next phase of the Fastershire rollout.
Data for the next phase of rollout will be launched at the event enabling attendees to check the status of premises in their communities and find out about the new funding opportunities.
The agenda for the event is:
- Presentation from Fastershire: the status of the project so far and information on Phases 2 and 3 of rollout
- Answers to frequently asked questions from communities (send in your questions when you book!)
- Refreshments and an opportunity to use the Fastershire line check to find out premises included in Phase 2
- Find out more about the options for those households and businesses that fall within Phase 3
If you have a question you would like to ask the Fastershire team, please include it with your details when booking so that the event can help answer your questions.
To book your place: Email email@example.com providing the following information for each person wishing to attend. Please note that to ensure spaces are available for all a maximum of 2 people per parish can attend the event. If more than 2 people wish to attend or you have any queries please get in touch by email or telephone GRCC on 01452 528491.
If you booked for the previously advertised date, could you please confirm your attendance on 12 June by email or telephone.
Attendee 1: Name; contact email; contact telephone
Attendee 2: Name; contact email; contact telephone
Question(s) for Fastershire