- The Going the Extra Mile (GEM) Project
- Affordable Rural Housing
- Community Buildings
- Community-Led Planning
- Emergency Planning
- Funding Advice
- GRCC Village of the Year
- Localism and Community Rights
- Neighbourhood Development Plans
- Older people - InTouch
- Organisation and Project Support
- Parish Plan Database
- Parent Champions
- Befriending Services
- Road Safety
- Village and Community Agents
- The Parent & Community Support Service (PCSS) project
- VCS Support - Cheltenham
Gloucestershire NDPs in progress
The following Gloucestershire communities have applied to be Designated Neighbourhood Areas:
Links are supplied where available
- Eastington - area designated 12th September 2013; referendum August 2016
- Stonehouse - area designated 12th September 2013
- Whiteshill & Ruscombe - area designated 12th September 2013; referendum August 2016
- Hardwicke - area designated 4th February 2014
- Cam - area designated 4th February 2014
- Dursley - area designated 4th February 2014
- Standish - area designated 4th February 2014
- Kingswood - area designated 19th June 2014; referendum May 2017
- Chalford - area designated 19th June 2014
- Stroud Town - area designated 18th July 2014; examined April 2016; referendum August 2016
- Horsley - area designated 4th September 2014
- Wotton-Under-Edge - area designated 19th March 2015
- Minchinhampton - area designated 16th June 2015
- Nailsworth - area designated 16th June 2015
- Brimscombe and Thrupp - area designated 22nd February 2016
- Tetbury & Tetbury Upton - area designated 1st August 2013
- Lechlade-on-Thames - area designated 7th October 2013; referendum 13th October 2016; made 17th November 2016
- Fairford - area designated 20th November 2013
- Northleach with Eastington - area designated 14th February 2014
- Chipping Campden - area designated 14th February 2014
- Ebrington - area designated 14th February 2014
- Somerford Keynes - area designated 9th July 2014
- Kemble and Ewen - area designated 28th October 2015
- South Cerney - area designated 10th March 2016
- Stow-on-the-Wold and Swells - area designated 9th April 2015
- Blockley - area designated January 2017
- Preston - area designated May 2017
Forest of Dean District
- Lydney – area designated 17th January 2013; plan adopted 18th February 2016; made 1st March 2016
- West Dean – area designated 17th January 2013
- Coleford - area designated 11th July 2013
- Longhope - area designated 19th September 2013
- Alvington - area designated 12th May 2016
- Mitcheldean - area designated 18th September 2014
- Churchdown & Innsworth - area designated June 2013
- Winchcombe & Sudeley - area designated June 2013; referendum 24th November 2016; made 24th January 2017
- Down Hatherley, Norton & Twigworth - area designated Sept 2013
- Ashchurch Rural - area designated November 2013
- Twyning - area designated January 2014
- Alderton - area designated January 2014
- Highnam - area designated January 2014; referendum 24th November 2016; made 24th January 2017
- Forthampton - area designated April 2014
- Northway - area designated April 2014
- Tewkesbury Town - area designated May 2014
- Gotherington - area designated September 2014; referendum 20th July 2017
- Leigh - consultation on designation of Neighbourhood Area ended 24th June 2016
- Stoke Orchard - consultation on designation of Neighbourhood Area ended 27th June 2016
- Bishops Cleeve - applied for designation of Neighbourhood Area 1st March 2017
- Leckhampton with Warden Hill - area designated 15th September 2015
- Hempsted Neighbourhood Area - area designated 8th January 2014.
NDPs must be in conformity with the National Planning Policy Framework and in general conformity with their District Council’s Local Plan/Core Strategy
How are these Local Plans/Core Strategies progressing in Gloucestershire?
Follow the links for more information.
Stroud District Council: The Local Plan was adopted on 19th November 2015.
Cotswold District Council: The emerging Local Plan and consultation on planning policies was completed in December 2015.
Forest of Dean District Council: The Allocations Plan was submitted to the Secretary of State in August 2015 and the independent Inspector conducted hearing sessions in February 2016. The Inspector's report is anticipated in August 2016.
Tewkesbury Borough Council, Cheltenham Borough Council and Gloucester City Council - Joint Core Strategy: Submitted to the Planning Inspectorate on 20th November 2014. Public examination and further submissions were made during 2015 and early 2016. Stage 3 hearings commenced on 22nd March 2016.
Tewkesbury Borough Local Plan: Public Consultation on the Draft Site Options and Policies ran from 27th February 2015 to 13th April 2015.
Cheltenham Borough Local Plan: The Issues and Options Consultation closed on 3rd August 2015. The Draft Plan is to be produced during 2016.
Gloucester City Plan: Under development.