- The Going the Extra Mile (GEM) Project
- Affordable Rural Housing
- Community Buildings
- Community-Led Planning
- Emergency Planning
- Funding Advice
- GRCC Village of the Year
- Growing Great Futures
- Localism and Community Rights
- Neighbourhood Development Plans
- Older people - InTouch
- Organisation and Project Support
- Parish Plan Database
- Parent Champions
- Befriending Services
- Road Safety
- Village and Community Agents
- VCS Support - Cheltenham
The Connect project offers free help to older people who are carers in Gloucestershire to get started, feel more confident online and learn computer basics on their own terms. So far we have helped over 450 people to use a computer, surf the web and brush up on their computer skills.
We provide help and advice with computers and the internet for those who are either new and nervous users or those who want to further their knowledge.
Connect sessions are available as -
- One-to-one training and support in the home from local volunteers
- Group sessions around the county on topics such as Skype and email
- Work with partners and other GRCC led project such as the Village Agents and Older people’ In Touch project
- If you are just starting to use a computer and want straightforward advice.
- If you have a computer and want to learn more.
- If you want to take advantage of more that the internet can offer, but want more knowledge about security and safety
Your friends, family or neighbours –
- If you know of anyone who could benefit from getting online, or increasing their IT confidence, let them know about the GRCC Connect Project.
For more information please contact Matthew Keighley, Cyber Safety Project Assistant at GRCC, by email on email@example.com or by phone on 01452 528 491.